The new Clinical Practice Guideline development committee was composed of representatives from the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology, University of Alberta, Western University, and Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières.
Twelve systematic reviews of over 25,000 related studies were conducted to produce the updated, evidence-based guidelines over a three-year span. The consensus panel involved researchers from the University of Alberta, Western University, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, University of Ottawa, and La Universidad Politécnica de Madrid; representatives from Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Canada, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology, Canadian Academy of Sports Medicine, Exercise is Medicine Canada, College of Family Physicians of Canada, Canadian Association of Midwives, Middlesex-London Health Unit.
The Joint SOGC/CSEP Clinical Practice Guideline has been endorsed by:
- Alberta Health Services – Healthy Families and Children
- Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Canadian Association of Midwives
- Directorate for Chief Medical Officer and Chief Scientist Office of Scotland
- Exercise is Medicine Canada
- Ontario Public Health Association
- Perinatal Services BC
- Sociedad Espanola de Ginecologia y Obstetricia (The Spanish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics)
Thank you to Canadian Institutes of Health Research for their support and funding of this research.